Monday, March 9, 2009

House and Mabry Mill

I've got a lot of free time this week, since I'm not working and it's spring break. So, I thought I'd take this opportunity to post some pictures (stolen from my wife's camera) and descriptions of what's been going on lately. First, my wife and I are going to be renting a new house in the country soon, so I'll post some pictures of that place.

This is the front of the house with its lovely porch. Parking is toward the back, though, so we'll mainly be entering through the back door instead.




This is the view of Neck Creek from the porch. I'm hoping the owner of that land will let us go down there and sit by the water.




This is our backyard! I think we could have rented that land as well, but we have neither the money nor a use for it.

We start our lease on the 15th of this month, but we'll be moving in gradually--unless someone wants our current residence sooner, we'll be able to take until May to get moved in.

A few weeks ago, my wife and I went to Floyd for the day, and, while we were there, we decided to take a trip up the Parkway to find Chateau Morrisette, which we never found, though, on the way back, we did find the road we were supposed to turn off onto. However, we did find Mabry Mill, and we have some lovely pictures from there with the water frozen over on the mill.






This is me and my wife in front of the mill.


There's more to come!

~N.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment